Shepards Pie With Fresh Greens
1 large onion, finely chopped
large (4 small) garlic cloves, finely chopped
500g lamb mince (can sub beef mince)
1.5 cups of lamb stock (or any bone broth)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Optional - 2 tsp of LYG Gelatin Powder https://www.loveyagutsbox.com/products/grass-fed-gelatin
Optional - 6 drops of LYG Fulvic & Humic Concentrate https://www.loveyagutsbox.com/products/fulvic-humic-concentrate
1 medium white potato, skin on
300g sweet potato, skin on
1 medium carrot, finely chopped (or grated)
2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of buckwheat flour
100g cheese, grated (optional)
2 pinches of unrefined salt
- In a large frying pan, melt half the butter, and sauté onion, garlic, carrot and celery until soft.
- Add mince and cook, occasionally stirring, until starting to brown.
- Add garlic powder, gelatin powder, bone broth, a pinch of salt and a good crack of pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about half an hour, stirring occasionally and allowing stock to reduce.
- While this is simmering, dice potatoes and boil in water until tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes, adding the rest of the butter and pinch of salt.
- Take the mince mix off the heat and add buckwheat flour and fulvic & humic concentrate, stir until combined.
- Spoon mince mix into an oven proof dish, top with mashed potatoes and grated cheese.
- Pop in the oven or under the grill until cheese is golden