Sardine & Salmon Patties
Ingredients (Makes 10-12 patties)
300g skinless salmon fillets, wild caught
1 tin sardines in olive oil, drained approx. 100g
½ brown onion, grated
½ red capsicum, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbl Dijon mustard
1/3 cup dill, finely chopped
1 cup almond meal
2 tbl coconut flour
Sea salt &pepper
Good quality mayo or yoghurt dressing
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Place the salmon fillets on the tray, coat in olive oil, then bake for 15 minutes, until full cooked through.
3. While the salmon is baking, add some olive oil to a frying pan and fry off the garlic, onion and capsicum.
4. Once the salmon is cooked, allow it to cool for 10 minutes, then flake into a bowl. Add the sardines in at this point too.
5. Add in the cooked onion and capsicum, eggs, mustard and dill and mix well and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add in the almond meal and coconut flour and mix again.
7. Use your hands to form the salmon mixture into patties and place them onto a plate.
8. To cook, add some extra oil in the frying pan you used to cook the onion and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes each side.