Ingredients (Serves 8)
1/2 cup ayam (or canned) full fat coconut milk
1 cup roasted sweet potato or root veg of choice (use leftovers)
1 cup grated zucchini
1 tsp chilli flakes
Sea salt & pepper
3 cups almond meal
2/3 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup melted butter, coconut oil or olive oil
2 large eggs
Pinch sea salt
Preheat oven to 180 c
Place the almond meal and tapioca flour into food processor and pulse to combine.
Add in your oil/fat of choice and process again to form crumbs.
Add eggs and pulse again until the dough comes together.
Use your hands to form the mixture into a ball and wrap in cling wrap and place in the
fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm up a little.
Remove the pastry from fridge and place one sheet of baking paper on a surface and top with another to roll the pastry into the size of your tart pan.
Carefully turn the pastry into the baking tin and use your fingers to press the pastry gently into the sides to form crust. Line the base of the tart with baking paper and place some dry rice or pastry weights on top. This will prevent the base from puffing up
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and remove from the oven.
While the base is baking, make the filling by combining all filling ingredients and mixing until combined.
Once the pastry is baked, removed the pastry weights and pour in the filling. Place back into the oven for approx. 25 minutes until the filling has cooked through.
Allow to cool and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Discover How Love Ya Guts Box Can Help Transform Your Gut Health
- Get to the root cause of bloating rather than just treating symptoms
- Beat Reflux, Heartburn & Low stomach acid
- Soothes the stomach and assist with issues such as IBS symptoms so you can feel comfortable within your body
- Get rid of sugar cravings
- Boosts your metabolism & control blood sugar to make weight loss almost effortless
- Balance hormones so your body can function how it was meant to but also help with having a balanced mood