Lamb Kofta's with Salad & Pumpkin
Two of our absolute favourites are roasted pumpkin and lamb kofta balls with a massive dollop of tahini or yoghurt (which is missing from this abundance bowl of deliciousness) .
Our go to lamb kofta recipe is:
- 500g grass-fed lamb mince (you can use beef mince)
- 2 big handfuls of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 big handfuls of fresh mint, finely chopped
- generous pinch of sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1 heaped tsp of cumin powder
- 1 heaped tsp of coriander powder
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts, chopped
- 2 eggs, gently whisked
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for cooking
WHAT TO DO
1. mix all the ingredients in a bowl, so they are all combined
2. rolls koftas into longish balls (I just squish them together) Doesn't have to be a work of art here.
3. Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat and fry off the koftas in batches, until golden around the sides
4. Finish them in the oven for 15-20 mins at 180 degrees.
Serve with tabbouleh, tahini, yoghurt, roasted pumpkin, ferments OR whatever you have :)