CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN
This classic flavour combination never gets old! Creamy, herby, garlicky, mushroomy sauce with smokey, salty bacon and tender chicken. This can be a fancy weekend meal, or easy mid week dinner too. All of the ingredients are easily sourced and affordable, and can be made in just half an hour.
• 4 pastured chicken thighs, chopped into chunks
• 100g of pastured bacon, diced
• *Ask your butcher for the end piece of the bacon because that’s often the smokiest
• 300ml pure cream
• 400g sliced mushrooms
• 1 medium leek, finely chopped
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• A few sprigs of thyme
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 100g grassfed butter
• 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
• 2 tbsp coconut aminos (optional)
1. In a heavy base saucepan, fry leek, bacon and mushrooms in half the butter until cooked. Set aside in a bowl.
2. In the same saucepan, melt the rest of the butter and fry off chicken until cooked through and starting to brown.
3. Return the mushroom / bacon mix to the saucepan with the chicken and add the cream. Stir occasionally as the cream deglazes the bottom of the pan and starts to thicken.
4. To the sauce, add garlic, coconut aminos, salt and pepper, and sprinkle in the thyme leaves.
5. *The mixture will be salty already from the bacon and coconut aminos, so taste as you go and be careful not to over season.
6. Turn off the heat. Add in grated cheese and stir through to melt.
7. Serve with roasted vegetables and steamed greens, or stir through gluten free pasta.
8. These flavours are especially delicious with sweet potato.
9. Add a sprinkle more cheese on top to serve if desired
Discover How Love Ya Guts Box Can Help Transform Your Gut Health
- Get to the root cause of bloating rather than just treating symptoms
- Beat Reflux, Heartburn & Low stomach acid
- Soothes the stomach and assist with issues such as IBS symptoms so you can feel comfortable within your body
- Get rid of sugar cravings
- Boosts your metabolism & control blood sugar to make weight loss almost effortless
- Balance hormones so your body can function how it was meant to but also help with having a balanced mood