Liver Loaded Meatballs
500g beef mince
100g chicken livers ( if you don't have access to chicken livers you can get our beef liver capsules and sprinkle them in with the mince) https://www.loveyagutsbox.com/products/organic-beef-liver
1 brown onion, grated
1 large handful parsley, chopped
1 large handful mint, chopped
½ tbl Dijon mustard
Sea salt & pepper
Rich Tomato Sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
400g can diced tomatoes
2 tbl tomato paste
½ tsp ground cumin
½ cup broth
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Fresh basil, to taste
1. To make the meatballs, use a food processor to combine the beef mince, liver and onion. Once combined, add in the parsley, mint, mustard, sea salt & pepper and pulse again until just combined.
2. Roll the mixture into golf sized balls.
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. To make the rich tomato sauce, sauté the garlic in olive oil for a minute or two, then add in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and cumin. Stir for a few minutes, then add in the broth, salt, pepper and basil. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, then add in the browned meatballs to cook fully through. Cover with a lid for 15 minutes until cooked.
5. Serve with your choice of pasta, rice or mashed vegetables.
Discover How Love Ya Guts Box Can Help Transform Your Gut Health
- Get to the root cause of bloating rather than just treating symptoms
- Beat Reflux, Heartburn & Low stomach acid
- Soothes the stomach and assist with issues such as IBS symptoms so you can feel comfortable within your body
- Get rid of sugar cravings
- Boosts your metabolism & control blood sugar to make weight loss almost effortless
- Balance hormones so your body can function how it was meant to but also help with having a balanced mood