LYG Passionfruit Slice
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup almond meal
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons almond butter or tahini
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt
¼ cup passionfruit pulp (approx. 3-4 passionfruit)
¼ cup lemon juice (approx. 1 big juicy lemon)
4 tbl maple syrup
½ cup canned coconut milk
1 tbl gelatin
2 passionfruit, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 170C and line a square tin with baking paper.
2. Add the wet ingredients for the base together and mix well, then add in the coconut, almond meal and
salt and mix until combined well.
3. Press into the base of the tin and cook for 15 minutes until it just starts to turn golden. Remove from the
oven and allow to cool.
4. While the base in cooking make the filling by adding the passionfruit pulp, lemon juice, maple and
coconut milk into a small saucepan over medium heat - stir to combine.
5. Bring the mixture to a very gentle simmer (don’t boil), then mix in the gelatin and whisk until no lumps
remain. Reduce the heat to very low and continue cooking for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
Remove from the heat and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
6. Once the filling has cooled sightly, pour it over the cooled base and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
7. Serve straight from the fridge as the base is quite soft.