Lamb & Sweet Potato Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large brown onion, finely diced
200 g sliced mushrooms, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
1 birds eye chilli, diced
500 g lamb mince
3 tbl tomato paste
1 tbl freshly chopped thyme
½ cup red wine
250 ml bone broth or stock of choice
2 bay leaves
500 g pumpkin, cut into cubes for steaming
500 g sweet potato, cut into cubes for steaming
1 large handful parmesan cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a frying pan add olive oil and fry off the garlic, onion, mushrooms, celery, carrot and chilli. Add the
lamb mince and cook until fully cooked through. Add the tomato paste, thyme, wine, stock/broth and
bay leaves and simmer for approximately 15 minutes while you mash the potato and pumpkin mash.
3. Steam or boil the pumpkin and sweet potato until tender. Transfer to a pot and add a tablespoon of
butter, salt and pepper and mash with a fork or potato masher.
4. Add the lamb and vegetable mixture into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed sweet potato and
pumpkin and sprinkle the parmesan on top.
5. Place the oven grill on and grill for 10 minutes until crispy. You can skip this step if short on time.