Coconut Chicken Soup
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 tbl coconut oil
2 tbl freshly grated ginger
3 cloves garlic, crushed
200g brown mushrooms, sliced
6 cups of chicken bone broth
400ml coconut milk
1tbl fish sauce (we use fysh sauce from nuilife)
500g chicken thigh, thinly sliced (or equivalent of left over roast chicken, shredded)
1 large zucchini, spiralized or peeled with a vegetable peeler
1 lime, juiced
1 large handful coriander, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, fry off the ginger and garlic in the coconut oil for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the mushrooms and cook until softened.
3. Add in the bone broth, coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to a simmer.
4. Add in the chicken and cook for 20 minutes, if using pre cooked chicken, cook for only 5 minutes to
warm the chicken through.
5. Add in the lime juice and zucchini noodles and cook for a further 5 minutes until the noodles are
softened, then turn off the heat.
6. Serve into bowls and garnish with coriander